Monday, May 12, 2008

Wondering About Lettuce

I am kind of confused about lettuce. It would be awesome to have some to harvest, but I just don't see how it will survive. I tried it once at the apartment, but it bolted before I ate any of it. I guess I just need to keep it well watered--honestly that could be a problem. Probably should make some sort of shade contraption too. I think I will try it from seed, hopefully it's not too late to get that going.

I have to admit, I also thought broccoli was a cool weather crop. They still had a lot at the greenhouse though. It didn't say cool weather on the tag. We shall see.

I am super excited about the canteloupe! It was so much fun watching it grow last year and seeing them in their little pany hose slings! Awesome. It looks like I have room for two this year--Yay! Last year I thought the vine had puttered out and then all of a sudden there was tiny baby canteloupe! Now that I go back and read my book I see that they are slow to mature. Just goes to show how much one can learn from experience and how much one can glaze over in the excitement of a new garden.

I have three squares of green beans. I am having visions of beans coming out of my ears! I will make a concerted effort to keep up with them and use my soon to be found canning skills :) I also really want to make salsa this year. Last year I just didn't get around to it. I really want to this time!

I need to make some repairs on the trellis for this season as well. Perhaps a more detailed post about that to come. Right now I have to go to yoga :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home