Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mystery Plant

This post is pretty out of date at this point, but I still wanted to record this garden event.

Last year Susan gave me some plants from her garden (very generous, thank you.) They went through a couple hands before they got to me and by that time the names of the plants were no longer certain. DH said he thought that they were Black Eyed Susans. So, I planted them in places that I thought appropriate and went on my merry way. Well, this Spring, I noticed this sprouting in the front flower bed:


It didn't seem to be a weed and it had square stems. I immediately thought of coleus, but it just didn't seem quite right to be coleus. I googled plants with square stems and bee balm came up. I kind of guessed that's what it was. Just a few short weeks later, this is what I found:


Yipee! It IS Bee Balm. And I love it! The Black Eyed Susans cropped up in the middle of it though, so I will have to try and separate them this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home