Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jackpot at Lowes

I went to Lowes some weeks ago to get a bag of soil to help with transplanting and to pick up a couple other things. Some cosmic force pulled me to the clearance racks in the garden section. OMG there were tons of plants. Most of them weren't even in bad condition. With the idea of selling the house in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but consider a few. I mean, who wants to buy a house with virtually no landscaping? Here is what I came home with:

I was so excited that I actually took the photo at Lowes. Now I know that quality plants from a respected nursery are far superior to even the good plants at places like Lowes (not to mention the distaste I have for shopping at the big box stores), but in these financial times, I just do not have a budget of $50 per perennial plant.

I bought
  • A light pink Yarrow for $2.49! (always reminds me of Michelle cause she had a bunch of it when they moved into their new house and she hated it--said it looked like seaweed.)
  • A yellow flowering perennial for $2.49! I later realized when I was planting it that it was only hardy to zone 8. Shame on Lowes for selling it as a perennial in IN. Alas it pretty much shriveled up and died right after I planted it.
  • A silvery mounding perennial for $0.50!! Yay! It has flourished since I planted it. Also, I saw the same plant at the Indy zoo. I read the name of it, but have forgotten it again.
  • A pink dianthus for $2.49! It seems to be doing well.
  • And an awesome pink and white hydrangea for $7.99! I have yet to plant it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home