Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jalapeno Jon's Homemade Salsa

Last Christmas I received canning supplies and books from Santa. Needless to say, I had been chompin at the bit since December to try it out. I could have went and bought ingredients to can, but quite frankly I didn't want to spend the money on it. So, on June 3rd, I took the rest of the tomatoes left from last season out of the freezer and tried my hand at salsa. All in all, I consider my first canning experience a success. The recipe said it would yield 5 jars; I only got four. But, all four jars sealed!! I looks good it in the jar too. I didn't make too much of a mess either. The little bit I had left over, I ate the next day. I am hoping it gains a little flavor as it sits. It was a little bland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home