Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vlad the Impaler's Strawberry Patch

So, after I planted the patch and little berries started coming, so did the bunnies. At least that's who I suspect. There is nothing quite like the disappointment of walking out the patch to find that the beautiful berry you were waiting to ripen has a juicy bunny sized chunk missing. I had already tried spreading coffee beans around--I read that they don't like that. And I still don't really want to start spraying stuff. So, I did some internet research. I found a tip that said you could "fork" your garden, keeping the critters at bay. I thought it sounded promising, so I gathered up all the forks, knives and bamboo skewers I could find in the house. Of course one look from my brother resulted in uproarious laughter. Joke's on him cause the forks seem to be working. I have to admit though, it does look funny. Holly thought so too and couldn't resist photographing the patch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home